Dato’ Wong is the Head of Advisory in BDO in Malaysia. Prior to joining BDO in Malaysia in May 2007, he was the executive director in charge of Corporate Finance at KPMG Malaysia.
He was also previously the Head of Issues and Investment Division (now known as the Corporate Finance and Investments Division) in the Securities Commission (SC) from June 2000 to March 2004. The division carries out the regulatory functions in relation to the issues/offerings/listings of securities, takeovers and mergers, assets valuation and matters pertaining to unit trusts and other collective investment schemes. Whilst at the Securities Commission, he also participated in the formulation of primary market regulations and guidelines, and also capital market policies. Dato’ Wong is also the inaugural Chairman of the MIA Valuation Committee.
Dato’ Wong is currently a board member of the Capital Market Compensation Fund, a fund set up by the Securities Commission. He is also a member of Taylors’ University Faculty of Business Industry Advisory Panel.
Dato’ Wong has vast experience in the field of IPO, corporate valuation, and other
corporate finance and restructuring related engagements. These are gained
through his role as an adviser and also from a regulatory environment over a
working career since 1987.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS / EDUCATION
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW)
- Member of CPA Australia
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- Corporate Finance Qualification granted by ICAEW
- Chartered Valuer and Appraiser (CVA) of the Institute of Valuers and Appraisers of Singapore (IVAS)
- Holder of a Capital Market Services Representative’s License for Advising on Corporate Finance.
- Bachelor of Business in Accounting (Pass with Distinction), RMIT University, Australia