David is the Head of Tax Advisory and Executive Director for Tax at BDO in Malaysia. He has over 28 years of work experience in professional practice (audit and tax), investment banking and in a commercial multinational group.
Prior to joining BDO, David was CFO in a multinational financial services group. His corporate experience at senior management level has enabled him to translate technical professional advice into practical business solutions.
David’s expertise is in corporate tax advisory work for local and multi-national companies in the financial, trading, property and manufacturing sectors. David has extensive tax experience in cross border transactions, corporate restructuring, local and foreign listings, international mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, group financing, debt restructuring and investment structures. He has also led numerous transfer pricing, sales tax, service tax and goods and services tax engagements for both domestic and multinational groups.
He is currently a Council Member and Executive Committee Member of CTIM and Chairman of its Technical Committee – Indirect tax.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS / EDUCATION
- Fellow Chartered Accountant of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW)
- Council Member of the Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia (CTIM)
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- BSc (Hons) in Economics and Accounting, University of Bristol, United Kingdom